Keyboard Builders' Digest / Editorial
Behind the Scenes of Issue 106
Giveaway follow-up, advent calendar, new discount, updates, etc.
Published December 9, 2022
Welcome back for another edition of Keyboard Builders' Digest (this time Issue #106), a weekly roundup of this DIY keyboard focused newsletter and blog from Tamas Dovenyi – that's me. If you are new to this, you can read how this started out and what this is all about nowadays. If you like what you see, you can subscribe to the newsletter (free) and donate some bucks to keep this otherwise free and ad-free project alive.
PSA / Giveaway follow-up
I'm pretty sure a lot of my emails land in your spam folder. Check it now. I've contacted more "winners" than prizes I have, but there are still about 20 goodies left to give away.
69/109 prizes on their way or already shipped by 40/50 sponsors. I'll reach out to the remaining sponsors once all their offerings have been claimed.
Feel free to send me photos of your prize like Astra did with this Mellowcaps artisan:
Or here is Nick's new custom cable offered by Custom Keyboard Co.
Articles of the advent calendar are still popular. However, with many drafts arriving in the last minute before publication, it's a scary and stressful race against time.
I can't guarantee all the posts will be published in time so expect some blank days.
Seeed Keyboard Contest results
The final results are here. There are 11 winners in total.
- Frostii Cables offered you a 5% discount (code: KBDNEWS).
- Upgrade Keyboards raised their monthly donation and sent me some extra money as well. Thanks!
- A donation from Alexander! Yay!
- And Diana, my first ever supporter resubscribed directly via PayPal. She was the first member back in the Patreon days, then on BMC, and stayed there after the BMC/PP catfight. Until yesterday. Thanks!
And many thanks to everyone who supports this project, I'm especially grateful for recurring donations.
Maintaining the site and databases takes a lot of time. If you'd like and can afford to help, here is the donation form.
- Markdown update – more harm than good. I possibly broke the formatting of earlier posts, especially lists.
- Researching best practices to implement dark mode. I mean, there was a dark mode already earlier, but I removed it for some reason. Can't remember why. I'll try to reimplement it.
That's all for today. Thanks for reading.
Feel free to comment in this issue's r/mk thread, and as always: keep learning and building.
Published on Fri 9th Dec 2022. Featured in KBD #106.
Did you like reading this post?