Caps Word and other QMK tipsA QMK keymap with short blog posts by Mental_General_5445 explaining tricks like autocorrection, Caps Word, getting Shift keys right, etc.
A couple years ago, I switched to a Dactyl Ergodox, and fell in love (and down a rabbit hole) with QMK firmware. I appreciate how it helps mitigate RSI and improve productivity – Pascal Getreuer.
Pascal shared his keymap in this GitHub repo:
Topics covered in separate blog posts:
- Autocorrection with QMK – run rudimentary autocorrection on your keyboard
- Caps Word – modern alternative to Caps Lock
- Custom shift keys – they're surprisingly tricky to get right
- Macro buttons – an assortment of practical QMK macros
- Designing a symbol layer – ergonomic and character frequency considerations
Some of these tips may or may not work for you depending on your job, workflow, languages used, etc.
I'm content with the placement of my Shift/Caps Lock (hold/press) – put on the thumb key my left thumb rests on –, but this Caps Word concept makes still sense in my case: programming a lot in PHP, it will probably help with typing $_POST/GET, $_SESSION and $_SERVER variables.