Steven's Fissure is a 40-key BLE split featuring his steno engine.
Published April 3, 2022
Creators! Feel free to tip me off
about your keyboard related projects to bring them to 100K readers.
This design isn't really new, Steven built this board mid-July last year, so it's been almost 9 months now.
The Fissure is fully BLE, and of follows the author's tradition on using the embedded steno engine.
Github repo: https://github.com/crides/fissure
- Switches: Choc v1, 15g gchoc on fingers, 12g Red Pro on thumbs and pinkies
- Spacing: Choc v1 minimum spacing (15x18mm, lower on some columns)
- Keycaps: SQDG with SLA resin (on craftcloud) and 4 resin DCJS
- Controller: nRF52840 with the holyiot 18010 module
- Display (not shown): the old SSD1306 128x32 OLED
Btw, steven4012 maintains a page for all the past versions if you are interested not just in the end product but also the progress.
Published on Sun 3rd Apr 2022. Featured in KBD #72 (source).
Using an IO expander instead of a second Pro Micro? Posted by scissor_rock_paper
Scaffolding style MJF printed manuform-esque ergo by phazerlock
Flying fox aka Pteropus
– a unibody split keyboard open-sourced by hulapig
Hillside is an open-source split ergonomic keyboard with Choc-spaced keys, quite aggressive stagger, four key thumb arc and break-off pinky column.
is a 42-key split keyboard powered by on-board RP2040 controllers.
of ergomech.store shared his Corne Chocoflan
, a low-pro Corne variant optimized for wireless use.