Keyboard vendor databaseI've published a keyboard/part shop database listing 250 stores from all around the world. Discount codes coming in.
Hi! I made a keyboard/part vendor database with 236 shops atm (new inquiries keep coming in so this will hopefully grow):
Check it out at: https://kbd.news/vendors
It's still work-in-progress but I wanted to announce it anyway to ask the community for more shops and to put pressure on some vendors to answer my mails. ;)
(I'm in the midst of contacting them for additional data and completing all the shop profiles.)
The main goal of this tool is to answer 3 basic types of questions:
- Where to buy? Where do you buy all the good stuff?
- Where does everyone recommend buying [part name here] in [region/country]?
- Is [vendor name here] legit?
The two first boxes will be checked once I'm finished with tagging, especially new keywords like PCB, plate or lube.
For the third one I have a promising mechanism in mind and I'm working on it right now (v2).
- filter by tags (where and what)
- permalinks to filtered lists (e.g. switch vendors in Canada or Cable shops in Europe)
- click a row or the shop name to open a detailed profile (only some of the stores have a complete profile atm)
- completing the profiles
- finishing/updating tags
- sorting (by name, country, score, date of starting the business, business size, etc.)
- advanced search
- advanced filters (worldwide shipping only, promo code only)
- flags (new, suspicious, etc.)
- vendor top lists based on visits and clickthroughs
- introducing a vendor score
- nearby shops
Implementing these features will probably take some weeks but feel free to suggest new ones.
That's it. Let me know what you think.