MickiusMousius shared the updated Rolio 0.9, a premium split keyboard in a nice aluminum chassis.
Published October 17, 2023
Creators! Feel free to tip me off
about your keyboard related projects to bring them to 100K readers.
After the first teaser (Rolio 0.1), MickiusMousius published the files of Rolio 0.9 – the same split with nice!view display and roller encoder, but with some tweaks.
I've recently uploaded the 0.9 design files of the Rolio keyboard, so far I'm pretty happy with it. There are just a few small improvements to get to a 1.0 release! – MickiusMousius.
Inspiration for this project came from the Corne and Sofle keyboards. The author has attempted to combine what he believes are the best aspects of both of these keyboards into a single project.
- Low profile, Choc-spaced form factor (similar to Corne)
- Fully wireless (Nice!Nano controllers and ZMK firmware)
- Excellent battery life (2+ weeks before it gets to 60%)
- Horizontal roller encoders on both halves
- Backlight, efficient enough to be used on battery
- Up to five memorized bluetooth profiles and a USB mode
- A robust chassis "so that it can be treated like a normal keyboard"
- An FDM version for at home low cost production
- A CNC option for a slick look and premium feel
- A travel case that can easily be made using any FDM printer
The keycaps in the photos are fully customized and match the ZMK keymap thanks to FKCaps.
Published on Tue 17th Oct 2023. Featured in KBD #140 (source).
is an open-source 40% travel keyboard – remix of the Ospray.
is a split keyboard for extended alphabets with nice repo
A 44 key unsplit keyboard by ak66666
, combining the Crocodox halves into one.
's foldable travel board – with all the source files.
A custom keyboard
for stenography by silly_world
The open-source Atreus52
comes with a little twist.