Peter Lyons announced Squeezebox v2209, the latest iteration of his distinctive ergo keyboard.
Published October 13, 2022
Creators! Feel free to tip me off
about your keyboard related projects to bring them to 100K readers.
Squeezebox is a scooped split ergonomic keyboard by Peter Lyons aka focusaurus. This latest version features a PCB instead of full hand wiring.
The most spectacular feature in my opinion is the "home corner". To achieve this, Peter simply hits the bare stems without keycaps.
(You can find previous iterations of this project introduced on kbd.news here and here.)
- Steeply scooped keywells creating a "home corner" arrangement
- Mechanically adjustable column stagger, splay angle, and column height
- Kailh Choc Mini switches chopped smaller for tighter spacing
- PCB to keep the wiring and diodes much tidier
- New key arrangement gives 4 keys to index, 4 to middle, 3 to ring, and 2 to pinky
- No keycaps
This project was sponsored by PCBWay (as well). (Check out this page for some coupons.)
Published on Thu 13th Oct 2022. Featured in KBD #99 (source).
More than a year after the announcement, Pangaea 1.2
with its notoriously flexible layout has been released.
FinnGus is a cat shaped 3D printed through-hole FR4 Alice style kit inspired by the cats (Finn and Gus) of JackPikatea
is a handwired split keyboard.
, built by u/ai_Doge
, is another member of Jim Merricks' bug themed ergo split family.
is a split prototype with a cool sandwich case.
's 34-key Tipper-TF
is a split unibody BLE keyboard with splay and e-ink display.