Keyboard vendor database FAQ
The KBD.news Vendor Database is a searchable interface to find keyboard shops and vendors all over the world. It's free. However, if you want to be part of it, we need a little help.
- How to get listed or get your profile updated?
- What are the profile attributes needed?
- How to get highlighted in the list?
- What is the vendor score?
- How to support this project?
How to get listed or get data updated?
For now, just send me a mail with your data to the address:
info at golem.hu
To include your shop (free) we need at least some of the info below.
Please, provide as much detail as you possibly can - more data means more transparency and trust.
Additionally, while you can omit some, there's a vendor score in the making, partially based on the completeness of your profile.
What are the profile attributes?
|Attribute||Example & options|
|Shop name||Magical Keeboards|
|Shop intro||"Magical Keeboards was founded in 2020 by John (u/KBguy888). It is based in Florence, Italy, and sells keyboards, switches and keycaps focusing on split and ortholinear models." |
(avoid relative dates like "2 years ago", "for the last 3 years")
|Shop type||One or more of these:|
storefront, manufacturer, showroom
|When did you start the shop?||Year or exact date if it's known. (If you provide an exact date your shop will be highlighted on that day annually.)|
|Postal address||Magical Keeboards, Piazza della Tastatura, 65 - 50131 Firenze - Italy|
(Use the general syntax of your country.)
|Do you ship globally?||Y/N. If not, what part of the world is covered?|
|Product range||Choose from this list in order of relevance (delete irrelevant ones):|
keyboard, switch, keycap, parts, tools, PCB, plate, case, cable, lube, split, ortho, GB, deskmat, wrist-rest, artisan
|Shop runner's name/nick||John Doe (u/KBguy888)|
|Shop runner's intro||"Hey, I'm John from Magical Keeboards. An avid keyboard builder obsessed with split designs, low profile and logical layout optimizaton since 2018. You can find me on r/mk, GH and Keebtalk as KBguy888."|
(avoid relative dates like "2 years ago")
(The total number of team members/employees/co-workers at the store.)
|Team text||Optional, for listing team members: e.g. "John & Jane"|
|Promo code(s)||e.g. KBDNEWS, KBD10OFF|
(Shops offering general discount codes for the community are highlighted in the search results. This affects the visits and clickthroughs A LOT!
|Promo code details||Explanation. E.g. "for deskmats only", "one use per customer", "10% off orders $10 or above", "$5 off first orders", etc.|
|Contact name*||Won't be published nor spammed.|
|Contact email*||Won't be published nor spammed.|
* An official contact and email address is only needed to clear things up or occasionally announce updates. Sent probably VERY rarely - if ever... Part of your vendor score though.
Send the data or request to the address: info at golem.hu.
How to get highlighted in the list?
At the moment the following vendors are highlighted:
- Vendors offering general discount codes for the community (use KBDNEWS, KBDNEWS10, KBDNEWS5OFF or similar codes if possible) - Also, provide limitations if any (one use, for in-stock items only, for first buyers only, etc.)
- Vendors regularly supporting the project (BMC members)
What is the vendor score?
The vendor score is an upcoming feature. An index with a maximum value of 10. (It's already calculated but not published yet.)
It's components are:
- Completeness of your vendor profile (the more data provided the better)
- Your website content (contact, about us, shipping & return policy, faq, etc.)
- Your response time
How can you support the project?
If you have an affiliate program you can give us an affiliate link.
In addition, while this service is free, we accept donations to keep it alive:
info at golem.hu